How to Import your spreadsheets
- A first row of headers
- Content in at least one column
Dynamically processing all the possible formulas/functions of a rich spreadsheet editor opens some security concerns and we want to make sure your data is safe. If this is an important feature please let us know so we can learn with you how to bring the most out of spreadsheet uploads.
You can still upload your spreadsheet but only the first sheet will be processed. The ability to upload multiple sheets is coming soon ✌️
Select a Spreadsheet
You can upload spreadsheet from the search area.
NomNom accepts the following formats: csv, xls, xlxs, as well as pulling in any surveys you have in Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive & Box.
We recommend when uploading spreadsheets from your desktop to save them as csv files when possible to minimize any issues.
Select and map the columns you want to upload.
You will be asked to map each column of your spreadsheet. These are the options:
- Content- The content of each cell in that column will be imported and visible in a document in NomNom. You will be able to preview the document before importing your sheet.
- Sentiment/NPS Score - The score will become the new sentiment of the document.
- Created At - This value becomes the document date in NomNom
- Email - Creates a customer profile and associates it with the content you are importing
- Tags - Will turn this values into tags for the content imported. If tags are separated by commas it will turn them into separate tags, otherwise, the whole value will be used.
- Metadata- Any values mapped as metadata will not visible in the document but will be visible in the customer profile section and they will be added as filters you can use to query your feedback.
This is how your data is going to be represented in NomNom:
- Postive => 9-10
- Neutral => 7-8
- Negative => 0-6
Once you are happy with your selection. Select validate in the bottom right corner.
STEP 3) Preview and Import
Now you will be able to see how your spreadsheet will look in NomNom.
You can also Tag all your documents and add them to Projects
If you need to make changes from this point click back. If you're happy with it, then click import and get that spreadsheet into NomNom!
When mapping columns to different types we check if selected values can be used as valid data.
If we detect that something is not right, you can still carry on with the import and we will fill in missing data so that your import can be successful.
Depending on the type of mapping we will use the following fallbacks in resulting documents. If a valid value is detected it will be used.
- if a column is mapped as content and a cell with empty content is found NomNom will skip that cell - however if all cells in given row are empty, NomNom will skip that row completely and not create a document out of it
- if a column is mapped as "email" and a cell with invalid email is found NomNom will not set the email in resulting document
- if a column is mapped as "created at" and a cell with invalid creation time is found NomNom will fall back to current time as creation date of that document
- if a column is mapped as "sentiment" and a cell with invalid sentiment is found NomNom will fall back to setting neutral sentiment in resulting document
- if a column is mapped as "tags" and a cell with invalid tags is found NomNom will not set any tags in resulting document
- if a column is mapped as "metadata" and a cell with invalid metadata is found NomNom will not add that metadata key to the resulting document
In most cases "invalid" means empty cell, but for dates and emails NomNom also checks if values are valid dates and emails respectively.